In accordance with the legislation on Turkish foreign employment, foreign nationals must obtain a work permit in order to work legally in Turkey. Many detailed criteria must be fulfilled in order to obtain a work permit in Turkey, which has a strict international employment regime. Otherwise, work permit applications are rejected.
However, some foreigners are exempted from the criteria. Foreigners who are not subject to the work permit evaluation criteria in accordance with the provisions of the Implementing Regulation of the Law on Work Permits of Foreigners are listed below. It should be noted that the foreigners listed here are also required to obtain a work permit. However, the said foreigners, whose work permit applications are concluded without being subject to the work permit evaluation criteria, must prove that they are in this scope with documents obtained from the official authorities of the Republic of Turkey.
The following foreigners can obtain a work permit more easily without being subject to the criteria for work permit:
– Foreigners whose mother, father or child are Turkish citizens,
– Foreigners who have lived in marriage union with a Turkish citizen for at least three years,
– Foreigners who are citizens of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus,
– Foreigners who have been granted a residence permit within the framework of Turkish and related communities practices,
– Foreigners who have been granted a residence permit within the framework of humanitarian considerations,
– Foreigners who have been granted a residence permit as victims of human trafficking,
– Foreigners who have been granted a stateless residence permit.